A Fundraiser I am in
with a walking flapping machine in it:
The Lab presents:
25th Anniversary Silent & Live Auction
Saturday, March 21, 2009, 6:30-9:30 PM
Live auction at 7:30 PM
View live auction items here: http://www.thelab.org/events/352-25th-auction.html
Silent auction sections close every 15 minutes from 8:30 – 9:30 PM
$10-25 sliding scale admission (includes snacks and refreshments)
Purchase tickets in advance at: http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/59667
Preview gallery hours: Wednesday, March 18 – Friday, March 20, 1-6PM (free admission)
Sale continues: Sunday, March 22, 1-6pm (free admission)
2948 Sixteenth Street at Capp
Art lovers, join us for our biggest fundraising event of the year. Incredible local, national, and international artwork will be available via silent auction with starting bids at $25 and up (cash, checks, VISA/MC accepted). Over 200 artists will be participating, including Mike Arcega, Leo Bersamina, Michelle Blade, John Casey, Ajit Chauhan, Joshua Churchill, Victor De La Rosa, Tara Lisa Foley, Matt Furie, Bryson Gill, Taro Hattori, Cynthia Ona Innis, Xylor Jane, Jeff Kao, Tom Marioni, Karla Milosevich, Paul Mullins, Trevor Paglen, Hilary Pecis, Genevieve Quick, Ed Ruscha, Casey Jex Smith, Kirk Stoller, Stephanie Syjuco, Heather Wilcoxon, and many more. This is a great event for both new and established collectors.
Honorary Host Committee: Jamie Alexander, Andrea Antonaccio, Caetlynn Booth, Lauren Davies, Gail Dawson, Jack Fischer, Glen Helfand, Taraneh Hemami, Sherry Koyama, Bruno Mauro, Alan Millar, Dina Pugh, Jeff Ray, and Steven Wolf.
The LAB 25th Anniversary Raffle
$5 per ticket (5 tickets for $20)
Drawing will be held at the event on March 21, 2009.
Win one of these 25 terrific prizes!
* $25 gift certificate to Amazon.com
* Two tickets to American Conservatory Theatre
* $50 gift certificate to The Blue Plate
* Two bottles of Bonny Doon wine featuring Gary Taxali art ($55 value)
* Private Blending/Wine Tasting for 4 at Bourassa Vineyards ($200 value)
* Four guest passes to the Cartoon Art Museum ($24 value)
* Six month membership to Crunch Fitness
* Two-hour tour for 4 of the di Rosa Preserve ($60 value)
* $25 gift certificate Dolores Park Café
* $25 gift card to Green Apple Books
* Cult Figure membership at The LAB ($125 value)
* $100 gift certificate to Medjool
* $75 gift certificate to Mission Beach Café
* $25 in gift certificates to Mitchell’s Ice Cream
* A Year of Peet’s Coffee or Tea ($215 value)
* One three hour glass blowing class at Public Glass
* Four SFMOMA guest passes ($50 value)
* Two tickets to San Francisco Opera (valued at $160)
* $100 in gift certificates to St. Francis Fountain
* Hair cut at Spunk Salon ($65 value)
* $15 gift certificate to Tartine Bakery & Cafe
* $50 gift certificate to Thirsty Bear Brewery
* $25 gift certificate to Ti Couz
* Discover Membership to Yerba Buena Center for the Arts ($165 value)
* 11 Class Pass to Yoga Tree ($150 value)
The LAB, a project of the•art•re•grüp, inc., is supported in part by American Composers Forum, the Barbro Osher Pro Suecia Foundation; the Danish Arts Council, Gilead Foundation; LEF Foundation; Meet the Composer Met Life Creative Connections Program; Rainbow Grocery Cooperative; The San Francisco Arts Commission’s Cultural Equity Grants Program; The San Francisco Foundation; The San Francisco Publicity and Advertising Fund’s Hotel Tax / Grants for the Arts program; Potrero Nuevo Fund; vanLobensels / RembeRock Foundation; the William and Flora Hewlett Foundation; Zellerbach Family Fund; and members and volunteers of The LAB. The ideas expressed in this site are not necessarily those of our funders.
The LAB is an interdisciplinary arts organization which supports the development and presentation of new visual, performing, sonic, media, and literary art. We assist artists in the creation of new work and showcase work of the highest quality by emerging and underrepresented experimental artists. Of particular interest is work which crosses boundaries, encourages evolving artistic and social dialogue between artists and audiences, and develops the culture and community of the San Francisco Bay Area.
2948 16th Street
San Francisco, CA 94103